St Edmundsbury

*Business Directory
*Clubs & Societies
 Manor House
 M/S Light Railway
 Moyses Hall
 History of the Building
 12th Century Origins
 Merchants 1300 - 1600
 Policemen 1600 - 1892
 Museum 1892 - 99
 Neighbouring Buildings
 Building Architecture
 General Outline
 The South Elevation
 East & North Elevation
 Undercroft / W Gallery
 The Passage / Staircase
 The Solar / Hall
 The Edwardson Room
 The Collections
 The First Hunters
 Seasonal Settlers
 The First Farmers
 The Chieftains
 British Tribal Kingdoms
 Outpost of an Empire
 South Folk of East Angles
 Men of the Cloth
 Crime and Punishment
 Making Music
 Arms and Armour
 Health and Home
 Local Genius
 Wierd and Wonderful
 Archaeology Resources
 Sue Ryder
*Recommended Reading

site designed by mi

To contact mi, click here

This is an independent site
not associated with
St Edmundsbury Borough Council

Want to advertise here?


THE INTERIOR - The Edwardson Room

This room is part of the 16th century addition to Moyse's Hall. It stands above 'the Passage' on the ground floor. It was incorporated into the museum in 1972 and named after the then curator. It accommodates 2½ bays and looks as though it originally extended further to the rear. It has a good quality 16th century timber roof, of a type more often found in churches than in houses. There were no tie-beams originally, but three re-used beams were later inserted.